Helge Steinmann a.k.a. Bomber
As an artist with a spray can, Helge Steinmann, a.k.a. the “Bomber”, quickly made a name for himself in Germany and beyond. His range of activities includes, among other things, corporate art graffiti, architectural art, fine urban art canvases, graffiti workshops and car tattoos as well as the stylish design of children’s rooms. Moreover, since 1994 he has also been active as an art and creative director in every area in which such a role can have an impact. Since 1996 he has curated exhibitions in this still very young art form for companies, galleries and collectors.
Excerpt from his CV:
- Born in Hofheim am Taunus, Germany.
- Graffiti writing artist, graffitist/aerosolist since summer 1988
- Artist’s name: BOMBER™
- 2010 Artistic designs for the Cirque du Soleil
- 2009 Graffiti workshops, for, among others, the Ministry for Education and Culture in Hesse; commissions for Deutsche Telekom
- 2006 Designs and canvases for Coca Cola Germany, Dr. Henry Kissinger, NYC, Deutsche Bank
- 2006 Founding of the ABSOLUTE GRAFFITI artists’ cooperative
- 2005 Design of the league cup logo for the German Football League (DFL)
- 2004 Founder member and chair of the Verein Einwandfrei e.V. für Kunst im öffentlichen Raum (Flawless Association for Art in the Public Realm).
- 2003 – 2007 Studio at the Offenbach Academy of Art and Design
- 1999 Founder member of the HEADLAB advertising agency
- 1997 Limited Edition for Ritzenhoff milk glass design
- 1995 Founder member of the world’s first graffiti art agency: OXYGEN
- 1990 to 1994 Studies in Design for Communication, among others under Professor Hans Puttnies at Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences
- 1988 First spray-painting experiments in Paris
- Group and solo exhibitions since 1989 in Germany, France and Switzerland
- Collections: Deutsche Bank collection, Frankfurt am Main
- Prizes: 2003 “Committed Company” by the state of Hesse
“The original idea behind graffiti writing is to present one’s own writing style idea in the public arena as an exhibition object. Freed from their one or two dimensionality, freed from their purposefulness, fighting one another only through their stylistics, writing styles are released from their conformity by the graffiti writing artist. He succeeds in positioning them independently between all peoples. In the process, he uses them as a conscious and abstract, in itself political and humanistic answer to the deliberate penetration by advertising and the media. On the other hand, graffiti writing is the cry of an individual within an often inhuman architectural environment. It was the ancient rediscovery of the public realm as a creative object, which drew a direct line to the beginnings of human togetherness.” BOMBER 2009
A selection of artworks by Helge Steinmann aka BOMBER can be found here >>