In the abstract modern sculptures produced by Maritta Winter, the predominant form is round shapes that bring to mind the generosity of nature, the sensuality of a body and the vitality of dance. Tenderness and strength are expressed.
Maritta is of German extraction and has lived in France for over twenty years. After attending the “Art Déco” Art School in Strasbourg, she completed various nude and portrait drawing courses plus an apprenticeship as a sculptor and photographer.
Maritta Winter’s sculptures are emotions carved in stone, timelessly wonderful abstractions and an expression of vitality.
- 2010: (CH) Galerie Mollwo, Riehen, Basel (solo exhibition)
- 2009: (CH) Aston Martin Showroom, Emil Frey AG in Safenwil (solo exhibition)
- 2009: (F) Salon d’Art in Colmar
- 2008: (F) Salon 2008 of the Société des Beaux-Arts de Paris, Carrousel du Louvre
- 2008: (CH) Geneva, Europ’Art International
- 2007: (D) Freiburg, German-French Art Fair
- 2007: (CZ) Prague, Art Prague International, stone, bronze and plaster sculptures
- 2007: (D) Freiburg, Galerie Alpha 7, sculptures in bronze and stone
- 2006: (D) Lörrach, Galerie Innenstadt, sculptures in bronze
- 2006: (F) Strasbourg, Croisiexpo, sculptures in bronze
- 2005: (D) Schliengen Art Forum, sculptures in stone
- 2003: (F) “Jardins métissés” in Park von Wesserling: design of a plant / water / sculpture garden from metal, mirrors, textiles and plant life
- 1993: (F) In the Thann Valley “Sculp-Thur”: exhibition of concrete and silk sculptures in the river
Maritta Winter’s sculptures can also be hung on the wall. Photographic prints of her works are available.