Volker Scheurer has been living and working as a free visual artist for more than 20 years. He has his atelier within the “Industriedenkmal Kieswerk im Dreiländergarten” (Industrial monument Kiesgarten in the tri-state-garden) that is located between the countries Switzerland, France and Germany.
Over time, his sculptures have developed from naturalistic stone figures to abstract forms created from many different materials. His smallest work measures only 3 cm while his biggest work astonishes at 17 m.
At the moment, his range is comprised of several basic elements of his own design (e.g. Torso Femin, Organic Formes, Crossing Lines or Spirit Heads) that are created using the suitable material for the given situation (e.g. bronze, concrete, plastics or own material recipes). Besides, Volker Scheurer also creates wall objects and occupies himself with Schneeskulpturen (snow sculptures).
Personal background (excerpt)
- Born on December 25th, 1963
- 1980-1983 Traditional training as sculptor
- 1989-1990 Fachschule für Steingestaltung, Freiburg, Master´s Title as Sculptor
- 1990 Starts working as free artist
- 1991-1995 Manager of the gallery „vau es“ in Lörrach
- 1999 Becomes member of the “Förderverein junge Kunst” (fjk; Friends’ Association of Young Art)
- 2000 “Zeitzeichen”, project with 5 artists over 80 years, Kaltenbachstiftung
- 2002-2013 Intern. Snow Sculpting Competition Japan Cup, Nayoro (2 x 1st place, 3 x 2nd place, 2 x 3rd place, 1 x Artist Award)
- 2004 Sculpture installation “Zum Himmel her“ at entrance to the town Weil am Rhein
- 2007 Huge sculpture at Endress und Hauser headquarters, Reinach
- 2011 Guest artist at the international Bienale Izmir
- 2011 Design Nayoro City , 12 street lights, Clocktower, “Freundschaftsmonument” (Monument of Friendship)
For more information on the artist, his works, the “Kunstraum Kieswerk”, exhibitions and sculptures in public spaces please visit his web site www.volker-scheurer-art.com.